As a Brit living in Japan, completely separated from the Western world and completely uninterested in politics, here is how I understand this 2012 Presidential Election and the current state of America going only by what I read from people on Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr, not my personal opinions, as I have none;
- If you vote you have to tell the world you voted or everyone will think you didn’t vote and hate you.
- If you don’t vote you have helped cause the destruction of America.
- However, voting for Obama is okay but voting for Romney is a bad.
- Voting for Romney will cause the end of the USA and the end of the world.
- Even if Obama wins, America is going to shit.
- America has Obama to thank for everything.
UK and European elections are always so nice and quiet, I have no idea how every time there is a presidential election, whatever the outcome is, America (and the world) is potentially “doomed”.
Can’t we just all calm down over a cup of tea and biscuits guys.